Losing my hair virginity to Beautylabo Whip Hair Colour.

I've always wanted to dye my hair, I've been dying to dye my hair ever since SPM ended - not sure if i've mentioned that on my blog because i lost count how many times i've said that line - but my mother disapproved. It has always been my dream to have pink hair because my favourite colour is pink lolol I wanted to get pink dip dye, or highlights or.. 

#DREAMHAIR #HAIRGOALS 

...that are more acceptable because i don't wanna get everyone staring at me as if i have a two heads
I would love to dye my whole head pink or get ombre blue and purple and pink.... someday haha

photo from Jane's blog haha ps she's so effing gorgeous omg 

As I've said, Mama Lau disallowed me to get my hair dyed as she said it would cause a lot of damage to the hair. However, she finally allowed, probably because she was on a very good mood that day haha, she allowed me to get a whip hair dye during our trip to Japan -speaking of which, i am trying to get my last post of it to be posted...say tomorrow!- from the drug store. I was so happy! 

Marshmallow Pink from Beautylabo :) 


here are the contents in the box. 

i think the bottle looks really pretty haha i love everything in pink :P 


Here's my before.
Hmm there's some sort of maroon-ish colour there, probably reflected from the maroon thing i'm wearing..idk what is it called lol the thing you wear when you get a haircut in the saloon, yes, Mama Lau has one at home for us when she cuts our hair haha. 

here's how the mixture looks like after i pour everything in and shook violently (as requested on the instructions)

this is what it turned like after some time idk why haha

in the process. 

My youngest sister, Ming, who's 13, helped me to dye my hair. The steps were pretty easy and foolproof so beginners are newbies have nothing to be afraid of! I think there should be instruction inside the package, mine was in Japanese because i got mine from Japan but I guess the ones in Malaysia are in English. I've also read a lot of blog posts about it, some even posted the steps and everything with pictures in detailed, and because of that i guess i don't have to post one you can check them out if you're interested.

The whole process is quite simple and quick. Um, here's a tip, rub Vaseline, i used lip balm lol because i don't have vaseline, across your hairline so the hair dye won't stain on your skin. It didn't really drip around so don't worry about getting the hair whip everywhere. 

I've read a lot of review that says Liese, another very poplar brand in Malaysia, has a very strong ammonia smell but in my opinion, the smell of Beautylabo doesn't really bothers me much. Despite what i've read and seen about hair dyes, this did not leave my hair feeling like coconut husk, it felt just like before. 

Here's the results everyone's probably most concerned of :

Right after. 

2 weeks later.

ok, i must say i love the colour here haha 

3 weeks later 

I was told that the colour will get more and more obvious after each washes. I do notice that it gets slightly more obvious. Do take note that the colour varies under different lightnings. It looks more brownish than pinkish that it is supposed to be, maybe because my hair colour was too dark, I never bleach it, i am well aware that bleaching hurts the hair a lot as i have a lot of friends with damaged hair after bleaching. I am quite satisfied with the results and i would consider dying my hair again with Beautylabo if I'm not bleaching it.

Disclaimer : Everything in the post are purely my own opinions.



Love, 
Sheunny 

No comments