Day 20 of FMCO - TV Show Recommendations

Nobody asked, but when you love something, you just wanna talk about them all the time. So here's a list of TV shows that i really enjoyed & would highly recommend you to give it a shot too. 

Recs for when you need a pick me up- comedy (MY FAV GENRE)

1. FRIENDS (old but gold, the only show i've rewatched over & over. never gets old, never.)

here's one of my favourite Joey scene


2. Modern Family (nothing else makes me laugh this much, seriously.) 



3. Jane the Virgin (super dramatic, but funny!)




Okay, I don't think i can go by genre for the others because they are kinda random, so i'm just gonna put down the name of the show & a intro/review: 

- The Originals (4 seasons) 


*inserts a 5 sec video of Klaus yelling Rebekah without context*

This is a spin-off of The Vampire Diaries, I've tried watching TVD but I wasn't a fan (sorry!!) but I went ahead & gave The Originals a try and I LOVED IT! Don't worry if you've never watched TVD, you'll still be able to enjoy The Originals :D 

- Game of Thrones (8 seasons)



I think there's no need for introduction la right hahaha just watch it if you haven't! Ngl, I had my own reservations before watching too, i think it's gonna be some boring ancient war show about fighting but boy was i wrong. I really love Tyrion Lannister! 

- Gilmore Girls (7 seasons) 

I was wondering if i should put this on the list because I really enjoyed it at first, it's a super heart warming show, very family friendly, a show you'd watch when you just wanna chill & unwind. Rory (main character) just got so ridiculously annoying and irritating out of the blue and kinda ruined the show for me, but besides Rory, I really loved everything else about the show!!

- Anne With An E (3 seasons)



Another family friendly, heart warming show. 

- Gran Hotel (3 seasons) 

Struggling to watch this myself right now actually as i started watching it on Netflix, but Netflix took it down & i haven't been able to find another source that streams smoothly with english caption. but i'm still putting this on the list, because I FREAKING LOVE IT. 

I've watched 2 seasons, i haven't actually finished it. In fact, this is the only show in this whole list which i haven't finish watching but it's so good so i have to put it on the list & find a site to watch it on!! 

It has great plot, there's crime solving, there's romance, love it! 

- Cable Girls (6 seasons) 


Another Spanish show i really really liked, a really captivating series. One of the main actor in this show (Yon González) is the main actor in Gran Hotel too. Give it a shot! 

In case anyone's wondering, I watch a lot of Spanish shows in attempt to learn Spanish. I've watched about  7-8 Spanish series now & I think I can understand SOME spanish haha but I still can't watch without subtitles. That would be the goal one day laaa :D


All the shows i've mentioned are completed TV series so you can watch them all without waiting for new episodes to be released. Two other ongoing series that I'd recommend are: 

- Stranger Things (3 seasons) 

- Money Heist (4 seasons)

They are worth the hype, i promise! 

I know i spoke about Grey's Anatomy in my last entry, i have a love hate relationship with that show because they killed off way too many characters, it's almost like they want people to stop watching, but I'm still watching lolol. I do love Grey's, especially the first few seasons, when most of the original casts were there. It's just like the saying "falling in love is easy, staying in love is tough", it's so easy to fall in love with Grey's, but as the casts start leaving, staying in love with the show gets challenging. If you don't mind having your heart ripped out a couple of times, go for it. 

Besides Gran Hotel & Game of Thrones, everything on the list are available on Netflix :) 

Enjoy! 

No comments