Skincare Empties ft Korean Skincare Brands Mamonde, Pyunkang Yul, COSRX.


Hello, welcome to my first ever skincare empties! I've gotten really obsessed with skincare in 2020, so here's my debut skincare blog entry. 

1. Mamonde Red Energy Recovery Serum (RM130 30ml)

I wasn't that educated about skincare back then, so i merely bought it after seeing a couple of great reviews about it. Disappointingly, i didn't see the results it claimed to give. When i looked at the ingredient list, i wasn't surprised. Their star ingredient is at the very bottom of the list. For this price point, i expect far better ingredients and better effects. Low key thinking those results people are getting are just placebo results lmao.

Would i re-purchase this product? BIG FAT NO. 

2. Mamonde Cream

The only consolation from spending RM130 on a absolutely terrible serum is this cream that came along as a free gift. 

Would i re-purchase this product? Yes

3. Mamonde Rose Water Toner

You've guessed it, i got the trial kit also as a free gift. At least the first ingredient of this toner is rose water, so it's not a complete scam (still holding a grudge against the serum lol). In my opinion, toner is actually a tricky thing because it's so lightweight, it's hard to actually feel the effects of it unless it's really good/ you layer it up. I find the scent of the toner a bit overpowering, personally i'm not a fan of it, but besides that i think it's actually quite decent. 

Would i re-purchase this product? No


4. Mamonde Petal Spa Oil to Foam Cleanser

I use this as my first cleanse followed by another cleanser right after. It's supposed to be used on dry skin. Similar to the toner, it has a really strong scent, but because it's just a cleanser which doesn't stay on my skin for a long period of time, i find it acceptable. It's actually quite a decent cleanser but I don't think i would spend so much on a product that's staying on my face for less than 2 minutes.

Would i re-purchase this product? No

5. Pyunkang Yul Essence Toner (~RM45 200ml)

If you're into Korean Skincare, you've probably heard about this product. This brand is known for it's minimalism. This toner consists of 7 ingredients only, probably the shortest ingredient list i've ever come across haha. The star ingredient which is Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract is first on the ingredient list and it is very moisturizing and it's also an antioxidant. Because it's an essence toner, instead of a toner, it is thicker in consistency. There are days where I use this only and skip the moisturizer when i'm in a rush/ the weather is too hot and humid, and my dry skin doesn't complain about it either so i guess it is really as moisturizing as it claims to be! I would love to try other products of this line too. 

Would i re-purchase this product? Yes!!


6. COSRX Aloe Soothing Sun Cream (~RM49 50ml) 

This is a sunscreen with SPF50 PA +++, which is pretty much all the protection you can get (but you still need to reapply this after a few hours, just like any other sunscreen.) This is probably the most moisturizing sunscreen i've ever tried, just like the essence toner, i do use this without a moisturizer somedays, and my dry skin wouldn't feel too dried out either. Because of how moisturizing it is, i'm not sure how it would feel on people with oily skin, but if you have dry skin like me, this is definitely the one for you! 

Would i re-purchase this product? Yes

That's all for now. Let me know what do you think of these products if you've tried them before. Everyone's skin is different so what works for me might not work for you. These are purely my opinion based on my own usage and my amateur analysis of the ingredient list. Do not hesitate to correct me if you find any wrong information in this entry!!

**It's Jun 2021 now & this entry was written in Oct 2020 haha just publishing it now. 



Lots of love, 

Sheun

No comments