Acne treatment at Cleo Clinic, Desa Sri Hartamas: Phototherapy and Chemical Peel


I think it's about time i open up about my acne problems. 

*takes a heavy breath* 

I've been struggling with hormonal acne since a few months ago. I've never addressed it online or openly before because acne positivity is not a thing in Malaysia and nobody ever talks about it. I don't think i need to put the statistics here but the struggle with acne is definitely not uncommon and it should be normalized. So here i am, stepping out of my comfort zone to talk about my biggest insecurity at the moment. Okay, just for the record, I've seen a dermatologist 2 weeks ago & I'm currently on Isotretinion 20mg. Will talk about it on a separate entry in future! 

Today I'll be blogging about my visit to Cleo Clinic, Desa Sri Hartamas. I intended to get laser treatment to lighten my acne marks (post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation). I consulted Dr Tan before undergoing the treatment. She patiently listened to my skin concerns and advised me to go for phototherapy and chemical peel instead which will help with both my acne marks as well as my current acne. She explained to me, the active breakouts i'm still facing may be aggravated by the laser therapy i had in mind. So i went along with her suggestions.


After a throughout cleansing, i underwent phototherapy. My eyes were covered but i was told that a blue light is used to reduce acne by reducing sebum production and killing acne-causing-bacteria. This procedure got me wondering if I would get the same effect from shining my face with the blue light of our light cure machine in a dental clinic haha. 


not the most flattering pic I know lol

Next was chemical peel which is equivalent to a strong chemical exfoliation. Three different solutions were applied on my skin with a few minutes gap in between. The first contained ingredients such as alpha arbutin, which is meant for brightening. The second layer was mandelic acid, which accelerates skin cells turnover and eliminate dead skin cells to combat dullness. The final layer was salicylic acid, the power ingredient for deep cleansing of the pores, because clean pores, clean skin! It stung a little but nothing unbearable, a small fan was used to sooth my face. no pics available as the lady took a video instead of a photo oops.
 

After the treatment, my skin felt really soft. It was slightly red but the redness went away within half an hour. I was told to always moisturise and apply sunscreen after the treatment. For the next couple of days, I experienced slight peeling off of my skin, and I noticed that my complexion got slightly brighter, yay! 



hope I didn't scare y'all with this photo lol 

but yeah, this was how my skin looked immediately after the treatment 
it was slightly red but pretty glowy





I really appreciate Dr Tan & Cleo Clinic for their honest advices and suggestions on what's best for me instead of what's more profitable to them. They also do not pressure me into getting any additional treatments, unlike other places that may try to hard sell treatments to you. 

If you have any skin concerns, i would highly recommend you to visit Cleo Clinic for a complimentary consultation! Use my code "SHEUNNY97" for a special treat during your visit. For more infomation, log on to https://cliniccleo.com/ 

Till the next post ;) 

Love, 
Sheun 

4 comments

  1. Is there any downtime effect after the treatment ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there any downtime effect after the treatment ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there any downtime effect after the treatment ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there, so sorry for my incredibly late reply, there's not much downtime after the treatment, thanks to the soothing sheet mask they always end their treatments with. Just a lil redness for an hour or two that's all :)

      Delete